Meet the Blogger - The Girl Behind Sassy & Dangerous


Hi babes! I'm so excited to be sharing with you the new look for Sassy & Dangerous today! Continue reading to learn more about the girl behind the sassy blog!

If you're new here, thank you so much for stopping by and welcome to my little corner of the internet. If you're not new here, hi again! I hope you're liking the makeover for the blog as much as I do! I wanted to take a minute and let you guys get to know the blogger behind the blog. I usually don't get too personal on here or on my social media platforms but I think maybe it's time for a little change. Enjoy reading! 

Most people already know this but I was born and raised in the sunny little tourist town of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I've always considered it a piece of paradise with just the beach being five minutes away, the beautiful sights of the boardwalk and the jungles once you go deep enough into them, and of course, the beautiful culture. 

At a very young age, one of my passions was writing. I remembered always being excited to start writing classes and being able to grab a blank page and let my ideas flow right onto it, no matter how bad and choppy it was, it felt relaxing and I loved every minute of it. It was the feeling of being able to create something new and it excited me. As I got older, my love for writing grew even more, especially as I started to get into reading. Time passed and I felt like I wanted another way of expressing myself in writing and that's when the idea of a blog came in. Four years, many trial and errors, and three blog makeovers later, I finally found my little outlet.


Blogging, it isn't easy, I'll tell you that much. There have been countless of hours spent writing posts, editing them and formatting them. Then the next form of blogging comes along which is Instagram. Another hour or two is spent getting ready for shoots, only for my makeup to be melting down my face due to the heat, the switching outfits in between shots and making sure I get that right one, and after all that, it's editing time. Blogging definitely isn't just a walk in the park but it sure can be rewarding when people are enjoying the content and hard work you do. It's something that I love doing and I couldn't imagine giving it all up. Through both the blog and Instagram, I've connected with so many wonderful people, shops, businesses, getting amazing opportunities and it's just overall something I'm glad to be apart of. 

As much as I love reading and writing, I also have a love for everything fashion. I've recently started to branch out into the fashion world and it's both a scary and exciting thing. It took me awhile to actually start into the world of fashion and the reason being was my insecurities kept holding me back. I would feel like I couldn't ever be good enough for this and I disliked that feeling a lot. I didn't want to be afraid of doing what I wanted - so I changed that. Day by day, I got a bit more confident, a bit more out there, even if it was little baby steps. The best part about all of this? Truly feeling confident in my own skin. Us girls are always so quick to judge ourselves, tear ourselves down and it's not something I was happy about so I learned to love myself and not be so harsh on my own body. But I also learned that improvement isn't bad either and I'm really looking forward to working out more and feeling healthier and stronger before the year ends.


I could totally go on for ages but I'll stop now, ha! With all that in mind, I want to give a big thank you to you. Thank you for all your support you've shown over the last few years. I never thought this sassy little blog would come to much but it has and it's all thanks to you babes. If you take anything from this post, take this one piece of advice: don't let your fear of something hold you back from what you want. Life is way too short to be worrying or being scared. If you feel like there's something that you've been aching to do but are too scared to, stop overthinking it and just do it! You've got this and I know you're going to rock at whatever it is you want to do! 

Before I end this post, I wanted to take a minute and thank my amazing friend, Kelly from Diva Booknerd. I've known Kelly for almost two years now and I'm so lucky to be able to know her and have the privilege of calling her my friend. She's always there for me, she's so kind and genuine, she's hilarious, and she's Australian. Can it get any better than that? She's also the mastermind behind the new makeover - she took my crazy ideas and made them a reality and I can't thank her enough for that. It seems that three blog makeovers a charm, amirite, K? ;) If you haven't already, definitely go and check out Kelly's blog - she's an absolute gem and her blog is brilliant!


Thanks so much for stopping by and chat soon lovelies! xo



28 comments

  1. Blogging is so unique to each individual. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Thanks so much for stopping by! Xo

      Delete
  2. Nice to meet you!! Omg, I love Kelly - seriously. She did a great job with your look. I'm loving the blush color throughout. :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren!! It's so nice to meet you too! I'm totally with you there, I love her to bits lol! And she did - she's a genius!! Thanks so much for stopping by! Xo

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post!! Blogging isn't easy but if you love it then it becomes 'easy! I met beautiful women through blogging that inspire me every day and I love to be a part of this amazing and supportive community! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much lovely! I so agree, if you love blogging, it becomes so easy and fun! And yes, there are so many amazing and beautiful women in this community and I love being apart this community too. Thanks so much for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing this post! I totally agree, blogging isn't a piece of cake and it requires effort but it's so rewarding! By the way, I love your new blog layout :)

    Cas @ Lovely Paranormal Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for reading, Cas! <3 So agree with you, it's hard most times but if you love doing it, it becomes so fun and you end up loving what you do. :) I'm so happy you like the new blog look! Thanks so much for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  5. Without a doubt blogging is not easy and it definitely has to come from passion to start one. So glad it has been positive for you!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! If it's not really a passion or something that you truly love, it soon starts to become a chore or something you don't even like/want to do. But it's something that I love and can definitely see continuing in the future. :) Thanks so much for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  6. I agree with you blogging is so much work! I don't know why people think it looks easy
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! Sometimes my eye twitches when people say to me that blogging is easy, lol! Thanks so much for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  7. I totally agree, blogging isn't easy, Thanks for sharing this post !
    Have a great day ! 
    Nina
    xox
    www.thecrispylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy that you agree! But it's definitely fun in the end. ;) Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day too! xo

      Delete
  8. Always love learning more about the blogger behind the blog! Totally agree, blogging is a lot of work, but if you love it, then it doesn't feel like work at all :)

    Jenny // Geeky Posh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you do! I was a little nervous in posting this one so it makes me happy and super relieved to know you enjoyed it. :) And yes, exactly!! <3 Thanks so much for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  9. I totally agree with you! Blogging requires a lot of work and effort but it's rewarding at the end :)

    xx,Maryam
    www.glamandposh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, absolutely!! :) Thanks so much for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  10. Hello! Ohhh it's always so nice to know little more about the person behind the blog. And I absolutely love the makeover! Okay, I never saw the theme before this, but I love this one! Those little icons in the header are so cute!

    Heidi ✨ | Heidi’s Planner | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Heidi! Oh, thank you SO much! I'm so happy to hear you love it. :) Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great weekend! xo

      Delete
  11. Blogging definitely isn't an easy thing- not if it's done right, that is. ;) Loved learning about you, babe!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA, exactly!! ;) Thanks so much for stopping by and reading! xo

      Delete
  12. that was interesting to read :) I agree about how hard it is and not as glam as it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, I'm glad to hear that! And totally!! Thanks so much for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  13. Great post. I agree blogging is not easy as some may think - it takes a lot of time and commitment. Well done on your new format x

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much babe! And absolutely, but if you're really invested into it and love doing it, it's really fun! ;) Thanks so much for stopping by and happy Saturday! xo

      Delete
  14. Amazing post, so I following you dear <3
    Hope you'll following my blog too ;)
    xoxo
    NATALIEFASHION97

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you so much babe! Will def check out your blog!! Have a great Sunday! xo

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Latest Instagrams