Mar 27, 2017

ARC Review: Royally Roma by Teri Wilson


Title: Royally Roma
Author: Teri Wilson
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Release Date: March 27th, 2017
Publisher:  Gallery Books/Pocket Star
In this charming, modern retelling of the classic Audrey Hepburn film Roman Holiday, a royal prince tries to escape his hectic and rigid life and ends up leading a young graduate student on a chase through the Eternal City. Julia Costa is too busy trying to complete her PhD while also holding down a full-time job as a private tour guide in Rome to keep up with celebrity gossip. So when she crosses paths with a real, actual prince, she mistakes him for a client and takes him on a daylong tour of the city. Intrigued by the idea of spending time with someone who obviously has no idea who he is, and delighted at the prospect of a day free of royal obligations, Niccolo La Torre, Crown Prince of Lazaretto, acts on impulse and assumes the role of Julia’s client. He swears to himself that he’ll return to his royal duties after only half a day…but he’s having the time of his life. Until Julia presents him with the bill. Since he snuck out of the hotel without so much as a dime, he tries to escape, only to discover that she won’t let him out of her sight until he can pay her back. She’s determined to get her money…and perhaps more from the handsome stranger she’s fallen for.


Royally Roma is the perfect read for anyone looking for a sweet and fun romance, with a dash of sizzling heat! This novel was my first read from the author but I'm sure I'll be reading more from her! 


This novel was a delightfully cute retelling of Roman Holiday with it's engaging characters, a sizzling romance and pages filled with the beautiful descriptions of Rome. Despite the insta-love and some clichés, it really was a romantic and fun read that I quickly devoured through the weekend. 

Royally Roma was the book I needed to quickly snatch me up from my oncoming reading slump. I've always loved books set in Europe and who wouldn't love a story about a girl meeting a prince, except she doesn't know it? Although the story has it's flaws, it still left me smiling and giggling throughout the book, wishing I was taking a journey of my own through Rome with my very own prince! Julia was a character that I couldn't help but love; feisty attitude, knows what she's talking about, has a huge passion for the history and archaeology of Rome, and just downright a sweet and loving character. Niccolo on the other hand took me a bit longer to warm up to. His mannerism's and even some of the things he said left me blinking twice and having to re-read again, but in the end I started to warm up to him a bit and I loved getting to know about him and his family history throughout the story. 

Royally Roma is the perfect read for anyone looking for a sweet and fun romance, with a just a dash of sizzling heat and a fun dose of humor! This novel was my first read from the author but I'm sure I'll be reading more from her soon. 














No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!