Feb 2, 2017

Release Day Review: Anything You Can Do by R.S. Grey


Title: Anything You Can Do
Author: R.S. Grey
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, New Adult
Release Date: February 2nd, 2017
Publisher:  R.S. Grey
Lucas Thatcher has always been my enemy. It’s been a decade since I’ve seen him, but our years on opposite coasts were less of a lasting peace and more of a temporary cease-fire. Now that we’re both back in our small town, I know Lucas expects the same old war, but I’ve changed since high school—and from the looks of it, so has he. The arrogant boy who was my teenage rival is now a chiseled doctor armed with intimidating good looks. He is Lucas Thatcher 2.0, the new and improved version I’ll be competing with in the workplace instead of the schoolyard. I’m not worried; I’m a doctor now too, board-certified and sexy in a white coat. It almost feels like winning will be too easy—until Lucas unveils a tactic neither of us has ever used before: sexual warfare. The day he pushes me up against the wall and presses his lips to mine, I can’t help but wonder if he’s filling me with passion or poison. Every fleeting touch is perfect torture. With every stolen kiss, my walls crumble a little more. After all this time, Lucas knows exactly how to strip me of my defenses, but I’m in no hurry to surrender. Knowing thy enemy has never felt so good.





R.S. Grey has given me everything I could have hoped for and more with this steamy, entertaining, and downright hilarious novel. Anything You Can Do was the perfect rom-com that I needed to start the year off right.

Daisy Bell grew up in the small town of Hamilton, Texas. After moving away for college, she comes back home to fulfill her longtime dream of owning her own practice. Now that the town's Dr. McCormick has plans to retire, she jumps at the chances to take over his practice. What Daisy don't expect to find there is her arch-nemesis and co-doctor of the practice, Lucas Thatcher. Ever since birth, the two despise each other and are always competing with each other at every chance they get. Having gone almost twelve years without seeing or hearing from him, she thinks they can both put aside their past/childish antics and work together. But Daisy doesn't want to share the practice, especially with Lucas, so she tries to deviate a plan to get rid of him.

Lucas has grown from the chubby cheeked boy to the sexy-as-heck man, but the rivalry and hate for one another is still there. The war still rages between the two and neither will back down so easy. But the tactics of the war all changes thanks to a single kiss. Sexual tensions explodes between the two and they both realize that the hate they have for one another might just be something else entirely..

Rachel never fails to amaze me with her works. Time and time again, I fall in love with her words and this book was no different! She is such a fabulous writer and I guarantee you that any book that has her name on it, I will pick up. She always manages to mix together the perfect rom-com and this novel has to be one of my favorites, alongside her other novel, A Place in the Sun!

Our characters, Daisy and Lucas, were quite the pair. These two always put a smile on my face whenever they were together and sometimes I even cringed once or twice thanks to our heroine. I did find Daisy to be immature at times throughout the book, but she always managed to redeem herself with her witty and hilarious dialogue, especially near the ending. Another favorite part of the book, was of course, our love interest, Luca! Charming, hilarious, smart, handsome, and on top of that, a doctor? This man was book boyfriend material all the way! Our two characters were one of my favorites from Grey and I hope to see more of them in the future!

R.S. Grey has given me everything I could have hoped for and more with this steamy, entertaining, and downright hilarious novel. Anything You Can Do was the perfect rom-com that I needed to start the year off right. If you're a fan of the enemies-to-lovers trope, or novels such as The Hating Game, Beautiful Bastard, and Wallbanger, I can't recommend this book enough!











No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!