Dec 19, 2016

Sassy & Dangerous Faves of 2016


With 2017 fast approaching, I thought it'd be the perfect time to share my favorite reads of 2016. I've read a lot of good books this year and even though it wasn't as much as I liked to have read, (literally 5 books away from finishing my GR goal ahh!) it was still a good year of reading overall. Continue reading to see which books of I read made it to the top 9 faves of 2016!



A sexy and hilarious romance, and two novels about adventure and new beginnings!

 A Place in the Sun by R.S. Grey - If you've followed my blog and Instagram this past year, you'll know that I started to transition into reading more romance novels from the New Adult and Adult genres. One author I picked up earlier this year was R.S. Grey. I am SO happy I did because she is now one of my top fave authors ever! A Place in the Sun was a fantastic, hilarious, sexy and heartwarming novel about finding your place in the sun and this will forever be one of my favorite novels from Grey.

 Losing the Light by Andrea Dunlop - I had seen Dunlop's debut all over my Instagram feed when it first came out and I was so happy when I got offered the chance to receive a copy. The second it arrived, I dove in! Dunlop's words hooked me from the first page to the last and I was left in awe. A story of love, friendships and new beginnings - Dunlop is an author to look out for.

 Roman Crazy by Alice Clayton and Nina Bocci - As a fan of Alice Clayton, I was over the moon estatic to hear that she was coming out with a new title with her co-author, Nina Bocci! I was already smiling at the first sentence of the book and it just kept getting better throughout it all. The characters were hilarious, the sexy bits were burning hot and the ending had my heart melting. I'm already anticipating the second in the series and I know I'm going to love it just as much as this one!



Two hot as a jalapeno romance novels and a fast paced thrilling series!

 Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas - I had been seeing so many of my bookstagram pals raving about Penelope Douglas's new release, Punk 57, so obviously I had to pick it up as well. SO glad I did because omg this book was H-O-T! The characters, the writing style, the sexy scenes, it was all perfect and I ended up finishing this one in a matter of hours. Definitely a recommended read!

 Eeny Meeny Series by M.J. Arlidge - Next on my thriller faves of this year is M.J. Arlidge's Helen Grace series. I had seen a fellow bookstagrammer recommend this series multiple times so I decided to check them out. These books are so quick to read through and they almost always left me on the edge of my seat, waiting to see what would happen next. Everything about these books I loved and for anyone wanting to start out in the crime fiction genre, these are the books to pick up!

 Tonic by Staci Hart - Another new author to me this year was Staci Hart and her latest release, Tonic. When the cover and synopsis was released, I knew I had to have this one ASAP! It looked and sounded amazing and I'm so happy to say the inside was just as perfect as the outside. Love love love this book and I can't wait to see what else Staci writes up next!


A heart stopping thriller, a sexy rom com, and a heartbreaking novel!

 Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris - This book is hands down the number 1 thriller of 2016. I've read many mysteries and thrillers this year but Paris's book takes the cake on being my fave! In the first 50 or so pages I had a hard time getting into it, but about less than half way through, I was hooked. So hooked in fact, that I stayed up till four in the morning finish the entire thing. #NoRegrets.

 Cream of the Crop by Alice Clayton - Another Alice Clayton book on the list? Hell to the yes. Out of all of Clayton's novels, Cream of the Crop made my inner fangirl scream with excitement. It was sexy, it was dirty, and it was delicious. I'm already wanting a farmer of my own -- Santa, if you can hear me...

 November 9 by Colleen Hoover - I've only read two of Colleen Hoover's works but damn, did both of those books break my heart, especially November 9. This book had me smiling at the first 20 pages and then it slowly broke my heart throughout the rest of it. It's a heartbreaking book for sure, but it's one that I would happily read again just for that ending.


What were your faves of this year? Comment down below letting me know!


Stay Bookish,




8 comments :

  1. Definitely a place in the sun, and "it ends with us" by colleen hoover. I also have to add in "The mothers" and "a love letter to whiskey". I've just ordered Losing the Light and can't wait to dive in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am so reading IEWU next year. I heard absolutely amazing things about that one and I'm so excited for it! Ooooo, I'm still waiting for my copy of ALLTW to arrive and omg it's taking ages! Also, luvvvv the cover to The Mothers! Thanks for visiting and commenting, lovely! Happy holidays! <3

      Delete
  2. You could always cheat an change your GR goal like I did. lol. Ohhh and I really want to read Roman Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I totally did a few months back. I believe I had it at 80 so I just reduced it by ten or so. ;) YES! You definitely should read Roman Crazy! That book was amazinggg!!

      Delete
  3. November 9!! I NEED to read this one! Beautiful blog, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES PLS DO OMG! November 9 was SUCH a great book!! And thank you so much!!

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed Behind Closed Doors and Punk 57 this year. I always love CoHo books. Hope you have a great reading year in 2017!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHH! I'm so happy you enjoyed Behind Closed Doors and Punk 57! Those two titles were amazing and they are def re-reading material, haha! Thank you so much and I hope you have a great year in reading too!

      Delete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!