Nov 23, 2016

I Heart Bookstagram Tag


If you've been following me throughout my social media channels, you'll know that I absolutely love sharing bookish pictures. When I'm not fangirling over my latest read or watching the current episode to AHS, you can almost certainly find me with my phone in hand and a book in the other trying to get that perfect shot. 




What's your Instagram handle? - It's @SassyNDangerous!

How long have you been in the bookstagram community? - I've been apart of the bookstagram community for about six or so months. I decided I wanted to use the platform the same way I've been using my blog - share my love for books and coffee. So far, it's turning out to be something that I'm loving!

How many followers do you have? - At the time of writing this, I am 100 away from 20,000 followers! I AM LITERALLY JUMPING IN MY SEAT RIGHT NOW! I am shocked, happy, excited and so overjoyed at almost hitting such a really huge milestone. I'll definitely be having an epic giveaway to celebrate it, so keep your eyes peeled for that! 

What's your favorite hashtags? - I have a lot of hashtags that I use and love, but some of my favorites are #Coffeeandclothes #Booksandcoffee, #IGReads and of course, the #bookmail tag because who doesn't love seeing bookmail?

What's your favorite genre of picture? - If you haven't guessed it already, it's anything to do with books and coffee. I also really like themes such as @seelieknight's and @booksthetics - both of their themes are stunning and if you haven't already followed them, you should! 

How often do you post? - I try to post every day, but sometimes I'll miss a day or two. 

How often do you check Instagram? - Literally, all the time. 

What’s your favorite filter? - I like Ludwig the most. Gen over at Latte Nights Reviews actually gave me some tips on how to edit so I try to use the same filter and edits with all of my pictures.

iPhone only, purist, or rebel? - iPhone all the way!

What is the best part about being in this community? - Being able to fangirl and recommend books to other readers. Literally, nothing is better than that. I love seeing comments on my posts saying they immediately picked up a book because of my rec and they talk about it with me. That makes me entire day!

What is the worst part about being in this community? - The worst part of Instagram? Losing your creative juices sometimes or feeling like your feed isn't just right. Sometimes I go through that faze but I end up coming out if it eventually and getting right back on track!

Three favorite IG accounts currently? - AH! I seriously can't name three accounts. I just can't. So here are my top 8!

📖 Nina @tender.curiosity - if there is one account on bookstagram that you need to follow, it's this gal! Her pictures leave me in heart eyes all the time and she is literally the sweetest person ever!

📖  Victoria @vbooktique - V's pictures are so darn amazing and her personality even more so! I love the fangirl chats we have over our latest reads and if you aren't already following her, go do it!

📖 Ursula @ursula_uriarte - Ursula has the most bad ass bookstagram in the entire community with her gorgeous pictures of books, tattoos, and great props. Definitely go give her a follow if you love all three!

📖 Vilma @_vilmagonzalez - Vilma's bookstagram is as pretty as her blog! Everything is so eye catching and you can't help but drool at the sight of them all, especially with those food pics she posts!   

📖 Laura @elbebooks - Laura's feed is #goals. I love the quality of her pictures, the books, the coffee, THE EVERYTHING.

📖 Carmen @ohthebookfeels - Carmen's pictures are so stunning and I love when they always pop up on my feed.  

📖 Allissa @abookishloveaffair - Another fave theme of mine would be the cozy and inviting ones and Allissa's account is perfect for that. *cue the heart eyes*

📖 Andréa @andrea.flyingtothewords - I came across Andréa's feed just the other day and she is now one of my top favorites. Her pictures are so bright and so creative and I highly recommend you check her account out!


So there you have it! Bookstagram is really an amazing online bookish community and I'm so happy to be apart of it and have met lots of great people! If you want some new accounts to check out, definitely check the ladies above! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday for those who celebrate!



2 comments :

  1. I got a big smile on my face right now. Thanks Talina, seriously I'm honored to be beside Ursula's and Vilma's accounts as your faves. And even more because you've always been one of my fave too, your account always inspired me a lot so yes I'M JUMPING ON MY BED RIGHT NOW !!
    You're a gem girl ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I joined bookstagram awhile ago and recently changed my user to @bysynopsis. I love all the pretty photos, ahh yours are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!