Sep 15, 2016

AUTHOR Q:A - Nina Bocci, Co-Author of Roman Crazy


Today I'm so very excited to share with you the interview I had with one of the authors of ROMAN CRAZY – Nina Bocci! In this interview we’ll be talking about how she and Alice Clayton, her co-author, came up with the idea for Roman Crazy, what it was like being a co-author and what else they have planned up their sleeve for the next in the series! I can’t thank Nina enough for stopping by the blog today and answering all my questions – continue on reading to see her answers and don’t forget to pick up a copy of ROMAN CRAZY, out now!



When it comes to Europe and the gorgeous scenery and foods, (also the men – how can we forget the men!?) you just can’t help but be intrigued. That’s how I felt when reading Alice Clayton’s and Nina Bocci’s latest release, ROMAN CRAZY. If you’d like to see my full thoughts on the book, you can find my review HERE! Long story short? I adored it and am certain readers who love a good contemporary full of swoon worthy Italian men, descriptions of the food that will make your mouth water, and laugh-out-loud scenes, will love this one too! 

Today I'm so very excited to share with you the interview I had with one of the authors of ROMAN CRAZY – Nina Bocci! In this interview we’ll be talking about how she and Alice came up with the idea for Roman Crazy, what it was like being a co-author and what else they have planned up their sleeve for the next in the series! I can’t thank Nina enough for stopping by the blog today and answering all my questions – continue on reading to see her answers and don’t forget to pick up a copy of ROMAN CRAZY, out now!



S&D: To get things going, how and where did you first get the idea for ROMAN CRAZY?

Nina: I had just come back from a research trip to Italy (coincidentally for another book) and my friend had broken the news that she was getting a divorce. After she gave me the gory details, I felt awful and helpless. What do you do in that sort of situation? A few days when by and I mentioned it to Alice just in passing and how I thought my friend should just go to Italy and have a torrid affair with a gorgeous Italian to get over her heartache. Alice said, “Why just Italy? Why couldn’t it be another country and a few women.” And thus, Broads Abroad was born.

S&D: Have you always wanted to co-write a novel? What was it like working with the wonderful Alice Clayton? (if you guys haven’t picked up her books, you totally should!)

Nina: We’ve always joked about writing something together, we just didn’t know what. I’ve always written solo as has Alice but together, we weren’t sure how it would work. When this project came about and we started chatting back and forth about possibilities, it because apparent pretty quickly that if we were going to drive into the co-author’ing pool, this was the series to do it on.
                                                              
S&D: I have to say, I was in awe at the wonderful descriptions of Rome – the scenery, the food, everything about the book made me feel like I was in Rome myself. How much research was put into the book? Did you ever at times mix up your information on certain parts of the story?

Nina: I’ve been to Rome many times but Alice unfortunately hasn’t (yet!) so for her it was all research or asking me or the great Google for input. But, Rome is a complicated city with a ton of old streets that probably aren’t available on Google Maps! Whenever I go I take a ridiculous amount of photos so that definitely helped with the research as well. Getting the feel right. One huge goal for us was making sure the readers felt like they were there too!

S&D: Both Avery and Marcello were fantastic characters – I adored them both so much. Avery was witty, smart, talented and fun. With Marcello, he’s is basically a woman’s dream come true! Charming, handsome, smart and of course, who can ignore that accent? Both were so intriguing to read about and I’m curious, who got to write which character? What inspired you to write yours?

Nina: Thank you for sharing that! We actually both wrote each character. Since it’s just in Avery’s POV, we had to make sure that both were fleshed out so that we could jump in and out and have it flow without being disjointed. What is funny though, is that we both were in total agreement on how we wanted Avery to ‘be’. She had to be strong and while this is ultimately a romance, we needed her to find herself too and put herself first.

S&D: Last, but not least, can you tell us when the next book in the Broads Abroad will be released and maybe a hint at who it will be about this time?

Nina: We wish we could but we honestly don’t know right now. We’re both working on solo books but we do have at least a handful of Broads books in our pockets that we are very excited to get to!

S&D: A massive thank you to Nina for taking the time to stop by for a chat! It was an absolute blast! Don’t forget to pick up ROMAN CRAZY, out now!

Nina: Thank you for having me! <3

LINKS TO BUY ROMAN CRAZY: 





Nina Bocci is a novelist, publicist, eternal optimist, unabashed lipgloss enthusiast, constant apologist, and a hopeless romanticist. She has too many college degrees that she’s not using, and a Lego addiction that she blames on her son.

CONNECT WITH NINA BOCCI! 




Stay Bookish,


1 comment :

  1. Please DHL me Marcello please! He sounds like my type 😍😍😍
    Haniya
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!