Mar 15, 2016

Sassy's Fangirl Authors - Top 5 Books to Look Out for this Summer!



Today is finally the day that my YA author program launches! What better way to celebrate than with books, right? With summer nearly upon us, it's time to break out those tanks and shorts, head on down to the beach or pool and dive into a cute summer read that will just leave us swooning all over the place! In celebration of summer time and the launch of my program, I've put together five top books that are a must-have for your reading list this summer!


Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton - Goodreads - Out Now!

Set in a mystical desert nation called Miraji, Sands follows “a gun-slinging girl desperate to escape her past, and a handsome foreigner who harbors dangerous secrets... Is it really any wonder why this book is at the top of my summer reading list? Not only does it have a captivating summary that caught my attention immediately, but it's cover! Everything about it is absolutely gorgeous and I most definitely hugged my copy when it arrived yesterday-- don't judge! I've heard nothing but great things about this one and I highly suggest you add this to your TBR pile for the summer! 


★ Everland by Wendy Spinale - Goodreads - 5/10/16

As someone who is always reading books of retellings, you can imagine my excitement when I stumbled upon the book deal for Spinale's forthcoming novel, Everland. Pitched as a steampunk re-imagining of Peter Pan set in a gritty alternate world where monarchs reign and a deadly virus has decimated London, about a girl who must band together with Pete and the Lost Children to rescue her sister from the military terrorist Captain Hanz Otto Oswald Kretshmer. My excitement for this book has no bounds! This re-telling definitely sounds like such a unique and creative one and I can't wait to get my hands on it! 


 The Girl of Ink and Stars by Kiran Hargave - Goodreads - 5/5/16

Pitched as a beautifully written story of friendship, discovery, myths, and magic this one is for fans of Katherine Rundell’s Rooftoppers and Kelly Barnhill’s The Witch’s Boy. Myths, magic and friendship? Sign. Me. Up! I have had my eyes on this book for such a long time and I look forward to the day it releases so I can run to the nearest bookstore and pick up my own copy! Plus...can we all agree that this cover is stunning?!



★ The Loose Ends List by Carrie Firestone - Goodreads - 5/5/16

Now, who can resist laying down by the pool and reading a cute contemporary novel? Not this girl! This stunning debut novel is about a teenage girl's whirlwind summer of first loves, last wishes, and letting go, while traveling around the world for her grandmother's last hurrah on a cruise ship for terminally ill patients and their loved ones. Firestone's forthcoming novel sounds like it will tug at the heartstrings of many and I am certainly looking forward for when I dive head first into it! The Loose Ends List is a must-have on your summer reading list!



★ Even if the Sky Falls by Mia Garcia - Goodreads - 5/10/16

Pitched aswhirlwind 24-hour romance in which two teens with questionable pasts fall in love just before a hurricane tears them apart. After reading the synopsis for Garcia's upcoming novel, I couldn't help but get excited over it. I love reading YA contemporary novels and the second I laid my eyes on this one, I knew I needed it ASAP! With it's stunning cover and compelling synopsis, come on, is it really any wonder why I'm anxious for May to get here? Highly suggest you add this one to your summer reading pile because I have a feeling that Garcia's novel will be taking the YA contemporary genre by storm! (see what I did there *snickers*) 





What are your thoughts on these summer novels? Will you be picking them up once they hit stores? What else are you looking forward to this summer? Let me know down in the comments below!




Happy reading!






2 comments :

  1. Oh, these books look amazing! I'm most excited for The Girl of Ink and Stars. It sounds great and that cover is just too pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adored Rebel of the Sands!! Great post xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!