Mar 20, 2016

Sassy's Fangirl Authors - Interview with Director T!



Welcome to Sassy's Fangirl Authors, a feature event where I introduce you to upcoming books as well as already published books! Make sure to have your GoodReads page open at the end of the interview, because I have a few book recommendations that you should definitely check out!

This week of Sassy's Fangirl Authors, we're going to be doing something a little new. Instead of an author stopping by for an interview or guest post, I'll be the one getting interviewed! Don't worry, I will be showcasing authors starting next week, but I thought it'd be fun if I opened it up today. So, grab your popcorn, enjoy the interview and feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments below! 



Title: Sassy's Fangirl Authors
Creator: Director T
Age Range: Young Adult & Middle Grade
Launch Date: March 15th, 2016
LEARN MORE
Sassy's Fangirl Authors is a top secret organization (AKA a young adult author program!) that helps authors dominate the book world and succeed in brainwashing their readers…(just kidding…but who knows…) Director T created this feature/program last fall in hopes of promoting and spreading the word about books and authors. However, not wanting to base the program solely on interviews and guests posts, she decided to make it more unique. To do that, she based the program on the hit TV show, Marvels Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. with the help of her Marvel loving brothers, thus coming up with the "missions", badges and other fun, secret agent things that Director T puts to it.




Hi Talina! Thanks so much for stopping by...well, your blog today! Before we get started on the interview, would you care to tell us a little bit about yourself?

Thank you for having me...Talina! I’m so excited to be opening up the Sassy's Fangirl Authors today! Aside from reading and blogging, I'm occasionally found in the kitchen either cooking up some sweet desserts or a yummy casserole. I also love to spend my time in Photoshop, creating some fun designs for either the blog or something else entirely. I currently live in the sunny resort town of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico but will be moving to New York once I graduate to enter the life of publishing!

1. First off, congrats on opening up your program again! Can you tell us a bit on how you came up the idea?

Thank you so much! It’s kind of mind-blowing, actually. I've been working on the program for the last few months now and having it finally live again feels awesome! 

I came up with the idea of the program one Sunday afternoon. Back then on Sundays, I usually didn't post anything, but I wanted to change that. So, I started to come up with some ideas on what I could do on those days, and an idea hit me: what if I were to do a debut author feature? I had met so many wonderful debut authors at the time and I thought it would be pretty cool to create something that would involve them on my blog.

I then started brainstorming on ways of how I could execute the program. Instead of making it just boring interview and guest posts, I wanted to try and make it where it was unique and creative. So, with the help of my brothers, we put together a plan of making the program relate to anything Marvel related, especially the hit tv show, Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Thus, giving you Sassy's Fangirl Authors!

2.  Your program was originally for debut authors, correct? What made you revamp the program to where it's open for not only debuts, but also already published authors?

As I was working on the program, I had been playing around with the thought of opening it up to already published authors and not just debuts. When I announced the re-opening, the thought of revamping it entirely came back to me. I didn't want other authors to feel left out, so that's when I decided to go for it. I love helping out authors, whether they are debuts or already published authors, so I thought it'd be a fun thing to invite ones that already have books out there in the world. Spreading the word about books is something that I love doing (hence why I've decided to go with the publishing path) so, the more the authors and books, the merrier!

3. What are your plans for the program? Anything you can tell us about it? 

I have many plans for the program, but, I won't be giving details away at the moment. However, things that I can tell you are: I will be having authors stop by the blog starting next week for some fun interviews and guests posts, along with some giveaways. I'll also be sending out monthly newsletters issue full of many bookish things (a special giveaway will be included, so make sure to sign up!) and lastly, I will also be doing some fun things over on my Twitter page, so make sure you follow me there to keep up with it all!

I do have some other top secret things in the works and I'm hoping that I'll be able to let you in on it very soon! But as of now, the things above is all that I can say on the subject. 

4. To end the interview with a bookish bang, what are some good books that we should totally pick up or look out for this coming summer? 

Ahh, the book lover in me is squealing in excitement right now because I love recommending books! Some books that I would highly recommend you guys checking out would be...

This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee, Velvet by Temple West, The One Thing by Marci Lynn Curtis, The Stage Dive series by Kylie Scott (this one is a NA series), and last but not least, anything by the wonderful R.S. Grey! My favorite of hers was Scoring Wilder, so go and check that one out!

For books that I think you should check out this coming summer, I actually wrote a post about it earlier this week! If you'd like to view it, click HERE!






Ever since she was a little girl, Talina has always had a love for books. At the age of fifteen, she decided to open up her first book blog, Sassy & Dangerous. Hoping to one day work in the publishing industry, Talina works day in and day out on her blog with reviews of books that she loves, (or even ones she dislikes), talking with other book lovers who share her same passions and likes, as well as trying to come up with creative and fun ways on how to share the book love with others.

When not blogging or reading, Talina can be found in the kitchen cooking up a storm, or down by the pool, soaking up the warm rays of the sun.








CONNECT WITH TALINA!




Happy reading!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!