Mar 1, 2016

| Review | Earth's End by Elise Kova - A Phoenix From the Ashes


Title: Earth's End
Author: Elise Kova
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Release Date: February 11th, 2016
Publisher:  Silver Wing Press
A woman awoken in air, a soldier forged by fire, a weapon risen from blood. Vhalla Yarl has made it to the warfront in the North. Forged by blood and fire, she has steeled her heart for the final battle of the Solaris Empire’s conquest. The choices before Vhalla are no longer servitude or freedom, they are servitude or death. The stakes have never been higher as the Emperor maintains his iron grip on her fate, holding everything Vhalla still has left to lose in the balance.






Elise Kova strikes again with this compelling and engrossing novel! Full of action, romance and magic, this book is sure to leave you entertained from the very first page to the last!


If you've been following me for awhile now, you would know that I absolutely loved the Air Awakens series by Elise Kova. With vivid descriptions, strong world building, and compelling characters, I fell in love with the series instantly. If you'd like to know more of what I thought about books one and two of the series, check my reviews out HERE and HERE! 

Straight up, Kova's writing style was one of the major aspects that I loved about the book. Expressive, honest, and so full of emotion that you just can't help but be swept away into the pages of the book. Instantly, I was captured by the beauty of her words and how they all gracefully flowed together, seducing me from the very first pages and allowing me to vividly picture her world in my head. Not only was I entranced with the writing style, but the world building as well. Throughout the series, Kova intricately weaved a beautiful world full of magic and intrigue, making me wish I was in the story myself. One of the many things that I noticed throughout the first three books was how Kova placed little details here and there and through the books, they all came together perfectly, which was something that I admired and showed me how well thought out she had planned everything. There is no doubt in my mind that Kova will blow my mind away in the next installment!

With Vhalla Yarl, the heroine of the story, no words can express just how much I admired and loved her. Throughout the books, she has carried herself with grace, intelligence, beauty, and passion and even with everything she's been through, she never lost any of that. She has grown so much over the last three books, emotionally and physically and I know I can't be the only one who admires her as a character. Kova created a heroine that all readers will connect to due to the fact that she is realistic, honest and most importantly, unique. Characters such as Vhalla Yarl are extremely hard to find in YA novels and I am thrilled that I and other readers have been given the chance to meet her. I most certainly looking forward to seeing how she develops more in the series and what adventure lies next for her! 

Not only do we get to see old characters, but we are also introduced to new ones, which excited me to no end! All of them were such a delight to read about, especially one in particular, and you'll know who if you've read the book before! These new characters brought humor, loyalty, compassion and so much more to the story and I hope to see more of them in the next books to come!  

Last but not least, the romance; oo-la-la! Even though Earth's End's plot revolves around war and bloodshed, the romantic flame between Aldrik and Vhalla certainly hasn't dwindled! The relationship between these two characters made my heart swell with such joy whenever they were together. The heat and passion between them felt so real and compelling that it was almost impossible to put the book down because of the two! With how it ended, I'm anxious yet excited to see how it will work out between them, especially with how the book left off.
  
Needless to say, I will certainly be picking up the next book in this series! Kova created Earth's End to an absolute perfection--from the wonderful writing and world building to the compelling and rich characters, she is an author you surely don't want to miss getting to know! 






Could you feel the love I have for this series while reading my review? I literally hugged all three books when I finished writing this post! Not even embarrassed in the slightest! ;) Have you read this series before? What are your thoughts on it? If you haven't read it yet, will you be? Let me know down in the comments below!


Happy reading!


2 comments :

  1. Wonderful review for such a wonderful series!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY!!! I am so glad I have found another person who enjoyed the series as much as I have! I absolutely adore Vhalla and Aldrik! *faints*

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!