Nov 2, 2015

S.F.D. Mission - Open Lettter to Debut Author - Dear Darcy Woods...


Hi there and welcome to Sassy's Fangirl Debuts, mission three! I am Agent T, Commander in Chief of this entire operation. If you haven't already heard or you didn't receive the notice, (check out the file HERE!) Sassy's Fangirl Debuts (S.F.D. for short!) is a debut author street team that I put recently together in hopes to expand these debut authors audience.

Just last week, my team of highly trained agents have put together a mission that required to write an open letter to a debut author. These week, we are finishing the last batch of letters so, please grab your favorite blogging time snack and keep on reading!


Title: Summer of Supernovas
Author: Darcy Woods
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Release Date: May 10th, 2016
Publisher:  Random House/Crown
As the daughter of an expert astrologer, Wilamena Carlisle knows that the truth lies within the stars. So when she discovers a rare planetary alignment, she is forced to tackle her worst astrological fear – The Fifth House of Relationships and Love. But Wil must decide whether a cosmically doomed love is worth rejecting her mother’s legacy, when she falls for a sensitive guitar player hailing from the wrong side of the chart. Debut author Darcy Woods explores love in all its complexities and how to best honor the loved ones who have passed before us, in a novel packed with both humor and heart.


Dear Darcy Woods and Summer of Supernovas, 


Before I go deeper into the letter (and give you some hardcore fangirling) I want to say a massive congratulations to you. I know you're probably really terrified of having Summer of Supernovas out into the world in just a few short months, (who wouldn't be scared? Publishing your first ever novel is MAJOR!) but I hope you know that there are so many people (most definitely me!) that are rooting for you and can not wait to get our hands on your precious book. Believe me, every time I see someone write a  post about Summer of Supernovas, or even read it, I literally squeal in excitement!

Not too long ago, I came across your Twitter profile for the first time and for a moment I just sat there in awe. You have such a bubbly, fun, adorable personality and that was what immediately caught my attention and made me admire you. After that moment of adoration, I quickly opened up Goodreads to find out more about your forthcoming novel and when I finally found it, I just knew one thing: Summer of Supernovas and I, were meant to be.

Gosh, where do I begin with your book? The minute I laid eyes on it, my eyes bulged into heart shapes from seeing the cover to the synopsis! Let's start with the cover. Can I just say, how much I adore it? The couple, the brightness, the font, the colors, everything about it screams SWOON-WORTHY and I love it! Not only did the cover catch my heart, but so did the synopsis. After reading it, I just knew that the minute I got my hands on a copy, it would have me hooked from the very first page to the very last. *cue fangirling* 

Seeing some of the early reviews, I've noticed that almost every one of them talk about how the main character, Wilamena, is a fresh, unique and relatable character and that's just one of the many aspects that I look forward to reading about in your novel. Not many YA novels have a fresh and relatable character, so seeing that people are describing Wilamena that way, it gets me extremely excited and I am anxiously awaiting for my mailman to drop my copy off so I can meet her myself! Another thing that I am truly excited for, is the romance! Oh, be still my heart! It's pretty obvious that I am a huge contemporary lover and also a romantic at heart, so when I saw that SOS is full of romance and swoon, you bet that I jumped in excitement! Gimmeee all swoon! 

Darcy, there are no words to express how much you inspire me. You bring such a positive happiness to the book community and I can't even begin to show you how thankful I and the rest of us are for your continuous, and amazing support. Every time we talk, you always seem to bring a smile to my face, even when my days are slightly gloomy. You, my dear, are as rare and unique as a supernova.


Your sister of swoon,

Talina 




Don't forget to check out the rest of the agents open letters to the rest of the authors! 


Talina @ Sassy & Dangerous 



Happy reading!







5 comments :

  1. Talina you're so super sweet! Your words and flailing has got me even more excited too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we've talked about this Talina, but I am SO EXCITED for you to read this one (and maybe just a teensy bit jealous). I cannot wait to pick this one up! And I love Darcy's swag with the sun sign friendships on the back! Those are just so gorgeous. I am really really excited to pick this one up!

    Jamie @ Books and Ladders

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, I love this! I'm super excited for Darcy's debut as well! :D I'm totally predicting the immense dreaminess of Summer of Supernovas and Darcy is so, so darling! Plus, the SOS swag is beyond amazing! Literally, the astro ref guide? LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, one can never go wrong with a swoon-worth, contemporary! Aw, your letter is so sweet, Talina! That's super cool that she inspires you all the time :). Sounds amazing and I look forward to reading about the astrology involved!

    Jess @ Princessica of Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I NEED THIS BOOK IN MY LIFE, TALINA! NEED IT.

    A little confession... I used to be so into astrology as a child. It was like an obsession, so this is really my cup of tea. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!