Aug 8, 2015

Book Loving Community Or Drama Loving Community?

Happy Saturday!


Before I get into this post, I just want to say that this is my personal opinion and if you do not like it, then please do not spread hate in the comments below or I will have to block you from ever commenting again and I really don't want to have to do that. Also, I will not be mentioning the names of bloggers, and I encourage you to do the same.

Lately there has been a lot of drama going around the blogosphere and not only is everyone else tired of it, but so am I. When I started blogging, it was amazing and it still is! I got to meet awesome bloggers and authors and it was fantastic! Now, when I started Twitter, I noticed that is where all the smack went down.

Now, two days ago, drama was caused once again and now the entire blogging community is pointing fingers, taking sides and basically in chaos and to be honest, I am sick of it. I started blogging to meet new people that share the same interests as me. I did not come to blogging so my timeline on Twitter can be filled with drama, lies and hate and I know a lot of you didn't either.

Not only has the drama been in the blogging community, but also the booktube community. Especially of Richard Denney's booktube video where he talks about how he can't afford booktube. MAJOR outrage came from some popular booktubers and they accused him of bashing them and spreading hate, when that wasn't the case at all. He was simply voicing his opinion of how he felt about his own booktube channel, and people got the idea that he was bashing everyone who had a booktube. 


My fellow book lovers, we are a community that share the love for one thing: books. Why must we feel the need to cause unnecessary drama? Why must we feel the need to publicly bash someone or their opinions of something? 

Don't get me wrong, I know there is good and bad to the internet, but if I want to voice my opinion on disliking a series or a certain thing, why do you need to feel the need to tell me I'm wrong or stupid? Why do you need to fill the need to go to your DM's and spread hate or lies about someone? 

Not too long ago, I found out that a blogger that I thought I was friends with had bashed me and my blog just because I won something and she didn't. Was I shocked? Of course! Did I do something wrong to her to get her angry at that? Not at all! Do I still treat her with respect and kindness? Absolutely! Why? Because it's the right thing to do and I would never want to stoop down to her level. But, I also decided to keep my distance from her because I don't like nor appreciate that kind of negativity. 

I think it's time we all take a step back and grow up. Like our momma's always told us, "If you got nothing nice to say, then don't say it at all." So, my advice to you? Don't say something you wouldn't want your boss, your parents, or anyone else to see. Because remember, once it's out on the internet, it will always be there.

Now, instead of bashing other bloggers and bringing them down, let's try and spread the positivity. Use the hashtag #SassyLove on twitter and say something positive about a blogger, a book or something you love! Let's try and bring this community back together and to remind ourselves to always stay positive.

My #SassyLove to you is: You are amazing. You are talented and you are unique. Never let someone bring you down for what you believe in and always remember: you are AWESOME! 

Happy reading! 


20 comments :

  1. I'm so glad that this post came up on my feed. First of all, I can't believe that happened to you. He/she should feel ashamed about themselves and I'm just in awe. I'm afraid to write personal posts but I just scheduled one to go up tomorrow about Haters. I really hope you can check it out because your post was so inspirational to me. Don't stop being awesome. And I'm going to send out a tweet right now.

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you took the time to read and comment! It really does mean a lot to me! :) You should never feel scared to write your opinion on something! We just have to remember never to be rude or hateful about these posts because it doesn't do anything but cause drama and drama sucks! I will DEFINITELY be checking your post out! :) Aww, I am so happy my post was inspirational to you! You are awesome too and I ca't wait to read your tweet!

      Delete
  2. I think that you did a great job of discussing the topic. It's terrible how some bloggers treat each other and like to point fingers, but it just seems so unnecessary. We don't need to act like little kids who don't know right from wrong. Hopefully those who are causing the drama will stop and just get over themselves. If not, then everyone just needs to learn how to ignore them.

    I'll have to write a #SassyLove tweet now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lizzie! Yes, it is terrible and makes me sad to see how they act. It really is uncessary! I hope so too, and if they don't, I'll just stay on my side of the blogosphere and them on theirs. :) Thank you so much for stopping by and I can't wait to read your tweet!

      Delete
  3. This is a great post. I know not everyone will get along with everyone, but it would at least be nice if we could try. Sometimes it seems like some bloggers think they are better than other bloggers and that is just sad to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, I know that not everyone will get along and that there will be disputes, but what good will that do really? Yes, I completely agree with you. I've met bloggers that think they are all high and mighty and they need to be knocked down a few pegs because we are all in this for the same thing, and that's for our love of books. Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for writing this post, Talina! It's exactly what I need to read with all the drama going on! We really should stop attacking each other and just get along with our shared love of books! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I really enjoyed writing this post! I completely agree! We should all just make up and spread positivity instead of negativity! Thank you so much for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  5. YAS GIRL! All this drama needs to go away pronto, and let's all spread the bookish love to errbodeehhh!! <3 #SassyLove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEN Blessie boo! This community needs to get off it's high horse and just spread some bookish love! :D

      Delete
  6. Thank you for this post. It was beautifully written. Often, drama plagues the writing community as well. It comes in cycles. I try to block it out, but it's so hard! Kudos to you for keeping a positive outlook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment! Yes, unfortunately I've been noticing drama in the writing community as well. It really is sad and I wish things didn't have to be like that. I also try to block it out, but yes, sometimes it can be hard! Thank you once again! :)

      Delete
  7. A million thank you's for this post. I've felt really disgruntled (to say the least) about the book community for the past few years (especially BookTube) so it's very refreshing to hear the someone else has my same thoughts. We're all here to have fun right? And talk about books that we love! And I think that kind of gets lost somehow and then drama erupts, which is really too bad for the people who are here to have a great time and make friends. Overall, great post and thanks for being brave enough to stand up and voice your opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a million thank you's for taking the time to read it! I think a lot of people feel the same way we do. Everyone is just tired of the drama and we all just want to try and have a great time doing what we love. Thank you so much, Paige! :)

      Delete
  8. Oh wow...I've been MIA for like two weeks and I guess I missed all of this. It seems to be getting more and more common...sad. I like your hashtag idea! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you missed it, because it wasn't all that pretty! Unfortunately, yes. But hopefully we can change that! Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  9. I've seen some of this kind of thing going on for a while, and I'm amazed by it. When I first started writing, I was terrified of telling anyone for fear of being laughed at or ridiculed. But when I finally ventured out and joined writers groups and attended writing conferences, I was pleasantly surprised. I found them to be a warm, welcoming community willing to share their craft and bond with me. I'm sure there are a few bad apples, but I've been very fortunate in the relationships I've developed. So I simply don't understand being nasty to your fellow artist (bloggers or authors) I understand not liking a book, I've read my share of books that frustrated, irritated, and/or bored me, but the way I remedy it is to pick up another until I find one that takes me where I want to go. So sorry you went through this, Talina. As far as I'm concerned, you rock!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!