Feb 18, 2015

Discussion Post: Reading Slumps, Creative Sparks & Blog Designs!

Happy Wednesday!

It's only the third day in the week but I'm already wishing it was Friday! *shakes head*

So today is going to be a somewhat of a discussion post instead of a regular review or book blitz. My first discussion post of 2015.. lets do this! 




                     
                                                 My Reading Slump..Will it Ever End

I've finally started reading The Winners Curse and I'm already intrigued with it! Just need to find a little bit of time so I can finish it by the end of this month. 

I feel like in the month of February I haven't read as many books as I did in January, and that disappoints me. 

I don't read much during the evening unless it's a book I really love and need to read more, but I mostly spend my nights writing up the next days blog post or watching a little bit of TV.

Usually, I finish a book in two or three days tops, but I haven't found the time this month with school for six days a week, Kung Fu on three days of the week and exercising on the other three days of the week. 

All three of those things are important, but I am a bookworm. Books are my life,
so it's terrible that some weeks I can't find the time to pick up a book and read a chapter or two. High five if you understand me!

                                                 Wherefore Art Though, Creative Spark?!

I've started writing more this month which I'm pretty happy about. All throughout January, I fell into a writing slump, including for my blog. I felt as if I didn't have anything new or original to do and the only posts I did were the ones I was scheduled to do. But now, I'm always with my notebook or my Ipod, writing down ideas for stories or my blog. 

For me, when it comes to uploading or showing my work, I don't do it. The only times I've ever shown my work was in a two contests and a blog post of mine called "Finish This Story!" 

I always have a  fear of people judging me or stealing it, so I almost never upload my writings or show them to anyone. 

At the moment, I'm writing a short story and a novel. I've been working on the novel for half a year, but I recently got back into it. So far, I have twelve chapters and in my short story, I have two. I'm pretty happy with the progress I've done with both. :)

                                                     To Leave It Be.. Or to Redesign?

I think part of the reason why I didn't feel a creative spark with my blog was because I didn't enjoy how I was doing things. 

I wanted a change with my posts, and my designs. Something to make my readers really enjoy visiting my blog. 

I've been writing down post ideas, from discussions, new meme's, reviews, everything. I'm also thinking of having guest posts with other bloggers. It sounds like such a cool way to get to know other bloggers and make new friends. 

For the blog design, I've already got a few ideas for it. As you can tell, I uploaded a new background to my header. I did manage to find a perfect background, but for some weird reason, it shows a cut in the back and makes it look terrible. 

I'm also wanting to add a 'currently reading' to my sidebar, and a blog scroll for my upcoming reviews. I just need to I figure out what size the covers need to be and the HTML for it. (If you know how, please don't hesitate to comment below or email me! :) )

I'm still going to be updating a lot of things, so if something is out of whack, or if I still haven't changed something, don't worry. It's just me going crazy with Photoshop and Blogger! 



I did it! I wrote my first discussion post! Took me at least an hour and a half. Thirty minutes of just staring at the screen thinking of what to talk about and the hour of writing it all up!

What do you guys think? Do you like my blog design how it is now? What is your favorite topic that I post? Do you have any suggestions for other discussion posts? Let me know in the comments below! :)


Happy reading! 


4 comments :

  1. You should definitely keep it up with the discussion posts! I love to read them like this. And as for HTML I have no clue. So far in my blogging year I have managed to keep well away from that stuff xD

    It's good to know the reading slump is kind of ending. I read in the mornings because I'm an early bird and I have to do homework or training/other stuff in the evening and know I would never have time! But yeah, sometimes it can be hard to slide it in there. I didn't know you did Kung Fu as well! That sounds so cool :3

    As for writing, you should feel proud to be doing it! I have been in a bit of a writing slump and been having difficulty finding the time to write, which saddens me a lot because its something I love doing. I am glad you don't upload your works though - I think they could be stolen as well. Which is why I don't :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Olivia! Your support means a lot! :) Haha, yeah, I know what you mean. It can be so hard and frustrating, that it's just best not to get into it.

      I'm very much happy that my reading slump is ending. I hate knowing I have so many books to read but I'd rather be watching Bellamy Blake from the 100! :$ What training do you do? Haha, it can be sometimes, yes. But it can also be a pain. Literally! ;P

      You and I should definitely try and do a write-along! It's awesome to know that you love writing as much as I do. I'm glad you don't either. My writing's are like my baby and were to ever steal them, I'd flip!

      Delete
  2. Goodreads have a widget for your currently reading shelf. I just added that one to mine instead of making one myself. Saved me lots of time. :) If you head over to Goodreads, you will find an arrow beside your Profile Picture, click on that and choose EDIT PROFILE. Head over to the widgets tab and you could find a number of widgets for your blog. Customize it as to how many number of books you want to be seen, What shelf to show, etc. Copy the HTML code.

    After that, head over to blogger and go to the Layout section. Add a gadget and pick HTML. Paste the code that you copied, hit save and preview your blog. :)

    Danna @ A Reading Habit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Danna! I wonder if I'll be able to change the background of it. I'll have to mess around with it for a little bit. :) Thank you once again!

      Delete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!