Feb 21, 2015

2015 Book Blogger Love-A-Thon: Getting to Know the Blogger!

Happy Saturday!


So, I found out about the Book Blogger Love-A-Thon just this morning and signed up as soon as possible! I thought it seemed like a fun idea and I'd love to be apart of it! :) 

The Love-A-Thon is hosted by Alexa from Alexa Loves Books, and it's all about spreading positivity in the book blogging world.

Let's hope I get all the posts done in time! *crosses fingers*




1. What’s your name?

My name is Talina! :)

2. Where in the world are you blogging from?

I am blogging from the sunny side of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. *sips my margarita*


3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?

At first my blog was only going to be a personal blog. But then I thought why not make a blog about books? So I did. :)

4. How did you come up with your blog name?

It just came to me after minutes of trying to find the right one! At first I went for Sassy & Dangerous Reviews, but after awhile, I took the review part out of it. 

5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?

I read mostly YA romance, fantasy, contempory, and paranormal. I also dabble with Middle Grade and the occasional adult thrillers/horrors. 

6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?

Occasionally, I do post a few memes, book blitzes, and author interviews. I'm currently in the process of writing more disscussion posts and interviewing bloggers. :)

7. Best blogging experience so far?

Being able to interview Katie McGarry for my Valentines Bash! *giggles happily*

8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?

Meeting other people with the same interests as me. Being in Mexico, it's quite hard to make friends and especially find ones that share the same things I like. So, my favorite thing about the blogging community would definitely be other bloggers! 

9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015!

Oh geez. I have so many that I want to read this year! Here's my top five: 






10. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?

I spent five minutes trying to find an underrated book. It would definitely be Neverland by Anna Katmore. My sister and I loved this book so much! It had me cracking up, banging my head against the wall, and smiling all at once. I would recommend this book to anyone! :)

11. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?

I think I would pick Cammie Morgan as my book girl BFF and my book guy BFF would be Dare from Nocte by Courtney Cole. Delicious! ;) 

12. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?

A few other hobbies of mine include writing and designing. I picked up writing at a very young age and I've been writing ever since. With designing, I started a few years back and I'm still working my way through it. I also love cooking, something that has been my passion ever since I was seven years old. 

13. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?

Oh that's tricky. I don't really go out and buy a lot of things, but when I do, I like to get cute necklaces or earrings, or some lip make up and nail polishes. 

14. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?

It a challenge between Enrique Iglesias -There Goes My Baby and Pitbull ft. Ke$ha - Timber. Those two songs just make me want to get up and shake what my momma gave! 

15. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.

If I could, I would turn the tv show Revenge into a book series! That would be so freaking amazing! As for a book turned into a film or tv show, I would pick Love Letters to the Dead! Even though I didn't like the book, I think I could see this being turned into a movie. 


So there you have it! A little bit about me! :) Let me know your thoughts in the comments below and feel free to link your posts as well. I'd love to get to know other bloggers!


Happy reading!


10 comments :

  1. If you ever need to interview a blogger for your new feature, let me know. I'd be glad!

    I've been going through so many of these posts, and I must say that seeing the people in warmer climates, like you, are kind of making me jealous. I'd kill for some sun right now. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to have you over on the blog for an interview! I'll PM you once I get everything sorted! :) Haha, you need to hop on a plane and come down here! The sun is nice. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love that you live in Puerto Vallarta! I've been there a couple times and definitely need to get back. I haven't watched Revenge, but I'm very tempted to! Lots of people like it and the commercials always seem so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been to Puerto Vallarta? That's so amazing! You seriously need to watch Revenge. You'll love it! :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, Mexico! I've never been, but would like to visit one day :) And I think Love Letters to the Dead would make a great film! That's a really good idea. Thanks for joining the Love-a-Thon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should come visit. They have a great bookstore downtown. :) I'm glad you think so as well! Thank you for hosting it! :)

      Delete
  4. I am glad to see you participating in this! I mostly stick to YA as well, but I do love the occasional adult thriller. I would love to read Prudence! I also have a copy of the Princess Diaries ones. I read those books ages ago and remember loving them, so I wanted to continue on with them as well. Timber is a great song <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so awesome that you have the Princess Diaries copies! I've been dying to get those in paperback. I'm so glad you loved them! :)

      Delete
  5. Ooh you live in Puerto Vallarta? That's so cool! I go to Jalisco every year to visit family and I get to stay for a few weeks :)) I recently just got back from Mexico actually, I wish I could've stayed longer, but school and all :P I love Enrique Iglesias and Pitbull! Timber <3

    ~Cari @My Addiction:Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! Oh, that's so cool that you come down here! Maybe next time you come, we can meet up! :) Who doesn't love those two? ;P

      Delete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!