Nov 1, 2014

Books, Coffee & Hotties...Oh My! #3

Happy Saturday!


It's November 1st! It's turkey month! Since it's now the weekend for me, I'm going to sit back and relax while watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Has anyone else watched it? 


Today is yet another Saturday and that's means more books, coffee, and hotties! 




"Books, Coffee & Hotties..Oh My!"  is all about the title itself! We discuss a particular book we are        crushing on, a coffee we just can't live without, and that one hot guy we just love to stare at!



                                                

I came across this book last night and I was like "I need to buy this!" So I did. I'm a very happy girl right now. :) Look at how awesome that cover is though! Who would be able to resist buying it? Can't wait to give this one a try!









Ingredients

Chocolate coffee cupcakes
1/2 cup room temperature butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup brewed cold coffee
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp baking powder

Coffee Buttercream frosting
3/4 cup room temperature butter
3 cups powder sugar
1 tbsp  brewed cold coffee
2-3 tbsp heavy cream


Instructions

Cupcakes

1) Heat the oven to 350F. Line two cupcake pans with 18 paper liners. In a mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

2) In a separate bowl sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Add the flour mixture alternately with the cold coffee to the creamed butter. Mix until just combined.

3) Scoop the batter into the prepared cupcake pan and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

4) Leave the cupcakes in the pan for 5 minutes before placing them on wire racks to cool completely.
When the cupcakes are completely chilled, make the frosting.

Coffee Buttercream Frosting

1) In a mixing bowl whisk the butter for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the powder sugar, 1/2 cup at the time, whisking well.

2) When all the sugar is incorporated add the cold coffee and enough heavy cream to reach the desired consistency. Whisk for an additional minute.

3)Spoon the buttercream into a piping bag and frost the cupcakes. If you wish, grate some chocolate on top or sprinkle some crushed candy.







Yet another hottie with blue eyes! I think he's telling me something. ;) Has anyone else seen the teaser trailer for Avengers? W-O-A-H! Can't wait to see this guy in it! 


Who is your hottie this weekend? Let me know in the comments below!


Happy reading!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!