Nov 2, 2014

BookBlogWrimo Day 2 - How I Read! + #Books & Swag!

Happy Sunday!

Well, today has been all about cleaning. At least it's all done though! Finally I get to relax and work on a few things of my own. One of them being this blog post!




                                           


I read both e-book and print books. Living in Mexico, it is quite hard to find books that are in English and inexpensive. 

When my family and I were going shopping one time, I noticed they added a library. What did I do? I squealed as if I just saw the Rock and I tugged at my dad's arm, trying to show him. I ran over to the books and I was heartbroken. All of them were in freaking Spanish! Dora has not taught me half of what I need to know to read this books!

The only place that I know of where to find print books that are in English and inexpensive is downtown at a place called A Page in the Sun. For being a used book store, I've picked up eight books in great condition from there. I'm saving up at the moment to buy about ten more... I'm dying of excitement!




The rest of my books, I've gotten at the library. In total, I have 27 books in print. Don't giggle at me girls and guys! We all have to start somewhere!




                            I use book marks all the time! Here is some of the swag that I have.                                                                  


Some of the bookmarks, romance trading cards, and a few posters were made by my mom. Can you guess which one's? ;) 

I would NEVER write in the margin of my book or highlight anything. Who the heck does that?! If you think that bothers me, you should see how I react if the bottom of my book cover get's slightly bent when placing it back on the shelf. 

When I use my Kindle app on my Ipod, I do, of course, use highlights. It's easier for me when I have to review that book. I also have a notebook with me if I want to write notes on the character, the plot, etc. 

I actually need to get started on reading a few books... *zombie voice* Need to stop using Photoshop!

What about you guys? What are your reading rituals? ;) Let me know in the comments below!

Happy reading!




6 comments :

  1. Wow, that's a lot of swag! Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! I have loads more but most of them are the same. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I only have about 30 books in print that I actually read (the rest are picture books I kept from when I was little) so I'm still with ya! :D

    Here's mine! http://blueeyebooks.blogspot.com/2014/11/bookblogwrimo-how-you-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post :-)
    I am a paperback magpie . . I LOVE a pretty cover and my shelves are overflowing!!! But I mainly read on my Kindle :-(
    I had to write in books when I was studying for my degree, but it felt WRONG!!!
    I am a new follower.
    Kirsty xx
    http://www.kirstylovesbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't write in my books either! And having a small amount of print books is fine. As you said, we all gotta start somewhere ;) Plus, I understand the frustration you feel because I am also living in a country where English isn't the main language. Luckily we go back home to England often and that;s when I stack up on books!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!