Nov 1, 2014

BookBlogWrimo Day 1 - History of Sassy & Dangerous!

Happy Saturday!

Wow, two blog posts in a day. I'm on a roll here! To be honest, I completely forget that today I am supposed to post my book meme. *looks down in shame* But hey, the more the better, right?

Today is the first day of BookBlogWrimo and I am PUMPED! Let's get started, shall we? :)






I’m pretty sure every other blogger out there was ecstatic to start their own blog. Me? I was full of frustration and almost ready to pull my hair out. Every name I had picked to put for my domain name, was already taken.

For fifteen minutes, I sat there trying and trying to get a perfect name that wasn't already taken. I almost gave up, but I decided to give it one more try.

“Sassy and Dangerous,” I typed slowly into the text box. It took me a moment to realize that, instead of red, it was green. I had finally found a name and I loved it!

Even through the excitement of finding a perfect name, I was a little anxious. I kept asking myself, “what would it be about? Would people even want to read it?” But after awhile, I stopped being so nervous. I wanted to write for myself, not for other people.

Once or twice I thought about adding reviews to the end of the name, and I ended up doing that. But then I had a change of mind because I didn't want my blog to be solely based on reviews. Eventually, I took out the 'reviews' from my blog domain and I liked it better that way.

I started my blog at the end of June, but it took me a few days to actually post something. My first post was on July 8th, for my review of the Fault in our Stars by John Green.

One of the things I found a challenge was how the design of my blog would be. I previously had just a red background and a brown little strip as the header, but I wasn't quite fond of it. My Mom, being the amazing person she is, surprised me by making the header I have now. Sometimes I think of adding a second column to my blog, but I feel that will make it too crowded. Maybe I'll do it..you'll just have to wait and see. ;)



Even though I've only got four months of blogging on me, I'm loving every minute of it. I hope to accomplish a lot more in the future and I can't wait to experience it with you guys! 



Happy reading!




1 comment :

  1. I can't believe you have only been blogging for four months! You have a lovely layout, and I look forward to seeing how it will adapt and change!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!