Oct 28, 2014

Sassy's Baking Tips!

Happy Tuesday!

It's almost Halloween! This year, I don't think I'll be dressing up as anything, costume and make up wise. It's not really fun when you live in a country that doesn't really celebrate with scary costumes and such.

I will, however, be making some delicious Halloween decorated cupcakes! Pictures and recipe will be up soon!

Will you guys be dressing up this year? If so, what are you guys going as? Tell me in the comments below! :)

So today's non book related topic is..Sassy's Baking Tips! Some of you might know that I am an aspiring chef so this topic was bound to happen! ;)





Today's baking tips will be all about cupcakes.



1) Don't Use Cold Ingredients - I've done this before, and it has not turned out well. I suggest you wait about 15 minutes to let ingredients such as eggs or butter to come to room temperature. It will be easy to mix with everything else and it will come out perfect!

2) Don't Over Mix the Batter - Lots of chefs say this, and it's true. You should not mix the batter because it will crush the air bubbles that help make cakes light and fluffy.

3) MEASURE! - Be careful with how much you put into your cupcake liners. You do not want to get all excited about having this delicious chocolate cupcake, but once you look at them, they are all a mess on your muffin pan! I  always feel my cupcake liners about 1/2 to 1/3 full and they come out perfectly. 

4) Don't Leave in Pan - When you remove your cupcakes, try and remove them gently and place them on a cooling rack or a plate. If you leave the cupcakes in the hot pan, they will continue to cook and can dry out. 

5) Don't Skimp Out on the Frosting! - The frosting is the sealer for cupcakes. Swirl some delicious chocolate frosting on that cupcake!



      


Makes 12

Ingredients:
1 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup of unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
¼ cup of vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 tsp of vanilla extract
2 tsp of baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/3 Cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup whole milk

For the Frosting:
1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
1/2 tsp of mint extract
2 1/2 cups of confectioner ugar




                                                                        Process

1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your cupcake tin with liners and set aside.

2) In a small bowl, mix together the flour, salt, vanilla and baking powder, and set aside. 

3) In a mixing bowl cream together the sugar, oil and butter. Add the eggs and cream together until you get a smooth mixture. Add the dry ingredients and slowly add the milk. Mix everything to combine. DO NOT OVERMIX! Make sure you give everything a good stir with a spatula from the bottom to incorporate any bit that wasn't mixed.

4) Scoop the batter into your lined cupcake tin, make sure it's only filled ¾ of the way up because they will rise. Bake for 20 minutes and let cool for about 45 minutes before frosting.

5) To make the frosting, combine together all the frosting ingredients and mix together to combine. Add the frosting in a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes. 


This cupcake recipe was just delicious! It was moist and fluffy, just like a cupcake should be. I'd love to hear your thoughts if you do try it! 


Happy reading!



6 comments :

  1. Look at you giving us a taste of what you can do! I know about your love for cooking and baking, so I'm excited to see more of these recipe posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like them! More will be on it's way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cupcakes sound divine! I'll have to try them at some point. I'll be going as Regina from Once Upon a Time for Halloween. We are having a massive party at my house and even my dog is dressing up.

    By the way, I've tagged you in the Opposite Books post if you would like to do it :-) http://tarabelletalking.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-opposite-book-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you end up loving them as much as I did! Oh my gosh, I love Regina! Now you just need some magic. ;) Haha, that sounds like complete fun! Ooh, thank you so much! I'll try and have it up this Thursday! :)

      Delete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!