Oct 27, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Happy Monday!


Mexico needs more Starbucks. My god, how is a girl supposed to survive Monday without any Starbucks?!

But I do know one of many secrets to surviving yet another dreadful Monday. A good book!




Feisty teenage thief Maeko and her maybe-more-than-friend Chaff have scraped out an existence in Victorian London’s gritty streets, but after a near-disastrous heist leads her to a mysterious clockwork cat and two dead bodies, she’s thrust into a murder mystery that may cost her everything she holds dear.

Her only allies are Chaff, the cat, and Ash, the son of the only murder suspect, who offers her enough money to finally get off the streets if she’ll help him find the real killer.

What starts as a simple search ultimately reveals a conspiracy stretching across the entire city. And as Maeko and Chaff discover feelings for each other neither was prepared to admit, she’s forced to choose whether she’ll stay with him or finally escape the life of a street rat. But with danger closing in around them, the only way any of them will get out of this alive is if all of them work together.



Everyone who knows me, knows that I don't stick to just one book. I can read a big book and have it done in two or three days, (depending if I'm really interested in it) and the minute I finish with that book I'm off to another one.

I'm going to read this book first and then move onto Phobic by Cortney Pearson.  I also have a few other books that I signed up for review, so keep an eye out for those! :) 

Don't forget to leave a comment below letting me know what you're reading this Monday. 





Happy reading!



4 comments :

  1. The Girl and the Clockwork Cat looks so interesting! I'll have to add it.

    I've got so many books that I'm reading but the one I am most excited about is House of Korba by C.L. Stone. It has turned me into a stupid rabid fangirl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover looks pretty, doesn't it? :) Ooooh, I love that House of Korba cover! ;) I'll have to add those to my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I hope you get that much needed Starbucks! I have heard of some people reading this book and enjoying it, so I hope you do too! I am currently reading Uglies by Scott Westerfeld.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! Starbucks down here is expensive! I hope I do too! :) Oooh, I've heard of that one. Is it any good?

      Delete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!