It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Happy Monday!



Ah! It's Monday again! My mind was basically yelling "No, I refuse to get up today!" That was until my mom gave me death look. Well, looks like my booty is dragging itself to the shower!

But, fear not! Better days are just around the corner! They are called Friday, Saturday and Sunday! ;)








                                   It's Monday! What Are You Reading is hosted by Book Journey.

At the moment, I'm reading two books. One of them I read back in May but I wanted to read it again so I could post a review on it.


The first book is...



Phantom's Dance by Lesa Howard
Christine Dadeys's family uprooted their lives and moved to Houston for her to attend the prestigious Rousseau Academy of Dance. Now, two years later, Christine struggles to compete among the Academy’s finest dancers, her parents are on the brink of divorce, and she’s told no one about her debilitating performance anxiety and what she’s willing to do to cope with it.

Erik was a ballet prodigy, a savant, destined to be a star on the world’s stage, but a suspicious fire left Erik’s face horribly disfigured. Now, a lonely phantom forced to keep his scars hidden, he spends his nights haunting the theater halls, mourning all he’s lost. Then, from behind the curtain he sees the lovely Christine. The moldable, malleable Christine.

Drawn in by Erik’s unwavering confidence, Christine allows herself to believe Erik’s declarations that he can transform her into the dancer she longs to be. But Christine’s hope of achieving her dreams may be her undoing when she learns Erik is not everything he claims. And before long, Erik’s shadowy past jeopardizes Christine’s unstable present as his obsession with her becomes hopelessly entangled with his plans for revenge.


I'm not going to speak much about this one, because I'll be reviewing it in just a few days, but so far...*giggles* You'll just have to wait and read my review to know what I thought. ;) Stay tuned!


The second book is....


Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Amy is a cryogenically frozen passenger aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed. She expects to awaken on a new planet, 300 years in the future. But fifty years before Godspeed's scheduled landing, Amy's cryo chamber is unplugged, and she is nearly killed.

Now, Amy is caught inside an enclosed world where nothing makes sense. Godspeed's passengers have forfeited all control to Eldest, a tyrannical and frightening leader, and Elder, his rebellious and brilliant teenage heir.

Amy desperately wants to trust Elder. But should she? All she knows is that she must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets before whoever woke her tries to kill again.

When I first read this book, I was quite surprised by what the author had written. I definitely did not expect that! I'm excited to read this again and also review it, so stay tuned!


What are you guys reading this Monday? Let me know in the comments below!


Also, don't forget to nominate Sassy & Dangerous Best of the Book Blogosphere Awards 2014 in the category Young Adult! Click HERE to nominate!



Happy reading!








3 comments

  1. I can't wait to read your review on Phantom's Dance, I added it to my TBR when I saw the blitz post on your blog! It sounds so interesting.
    I don't know much about Across the Universe, except that it's set in the future and, for some reason, controversial? Do you think I should pick it up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I hope you end up liking my review and the book! You should definitely pick it up! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Latest Instagrams