Iced Chiffon by Duffy Brown |Review|

Happy Friday!

It's Friday! Which means nothing to me because I still have school tomorrow. *slow clap* Yay...

I read this book for my book report and it was of course, due for a certain date. What do I do? I start reading it three days before I have to have it read and the report written! Procrastination at its best.. 





But I managed to finish it in time, and I really enjoyed it. It was a quick, fun read. Continue reading to find out what I thought about it. ;)



Title: Iced Chiffon
Author: Duffy Brown
Genre: Murder, Mystery, Humor
Release Date: October 2nd, 2012
Publisher: Berkley Prime Crime
My Rating: 4 stars
There's always something to gossip about in Savannah, Georgia, and Reagan Summerside always seems to be in the middle of it. She's busy enough running her consignment shop, the Prissy Fox, with her vivacious auntie, KiKi, but now the gossip--and the sales--are about to pick up, after a gruesome discovery...

Reagan's messy divorce has left her with nothing but a run-down Victorian and a bunch of designer clothes. Strapped for cash, Reagan makes use of the two things she has left, turning the first floor of her home into a consignment shop and filling it with the remnants of her rich-wife wardrobe.

Thanks to his cunning lawyer, Walker Boone, her ex got everything else, including the Lexus--not to mention a young blonde cupcake. When Reagan finds the blonde dead in the Lexus, she's determined to beat Boone to finding the murderer. As it turns out, the gossip fiends flooding Reagan's shop can give her a lot more than just their unwanted clothes--they have information more precious than a vintage Louis Vuitton..






I really enjoyed this book. I found it to be humorous at times, and the author was descriptive on everything. Although, when I first started reading it, it didn't interest me until Reagan and her Auntie Kiki found Cupcake dead.

After that, I started liking it more. I loved how the characters were quirky and cute, and the tension between Boone and Reagan. I just loved the back and forth sarcastic comments between the two and I hope in the next few books they might have a chance!

The only let down was finding out the real intentions of the murderer. It was very predictable and I was upset with how it ended.

Overall, it was cute mystery and I'm curious to know what happens next in the series.








Reagan: Oh, boy. I didn't really enjoy this character as much as I had hoped. She was a careless person, and didn't think things through. I found it quite annoying every time she brought up her "nasty divorce" in almost every page.

When she thought she found the murderer, she would either chase after them, or break into their houses and every time she would get caught and just say the stupidest things.

*Spoiler ahead!* Reagan almost's get run over by the suspected murderer, and what do you think she tries to do? She just waltzes into the room and talks to them!

Hmm..okay, so while you go meet up with the suspected murderer, the one that also tried to run you over, AND you're unarmed, I'll be on the other side of the street just waiting.

I just found her to be a complete mess. I just hope she'll have a little bit more common sense in the next book.


Boone: If I met a guy like Boone, the first words out of my mouth would be this.."Are you religious? Because you're the answer to all my prayers!" This guy is like heaven on Earth to all the women! He's handsome, he's charming, he's sweet, he's just P-E-R-F-E-C-T!

Even though Reagan hates Boone's guts because he was her ex husbands lawyer in the divorce, I still find those two cute! I can't wait to see if they'll be something more in the series.


I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a cute mystery. It was an easy read and I enjoyed it.



Also, don't forget to nominate Sassy & Dangerous Best of the Book Blogosphere Awards 2014 in the category Young Adult! Click HERE to nominate!


Happy reading!






2 comments

  1. This is a great book review! Seems like a really interesting book to read. I love when authors add humor into the story line;)
    June
    The Journeys' of my beating heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, June! I think you should read it. You'll like it :) Haha, I couldn't agree more!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Latest Instagrams