Sep 17, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #2!

Happy Wednesday!


It's Wednesday already. Let the weekend come already! How is everyone's week so far? Mine has been hectic. I have a nine weeks exam coming up in history and that is nine chapters that I need to go over, and I'm also getting close to having a science test. Oh boy.

Is anyone else really looking forward to fall? I am! I want Thanksgiving to come already!  I LOVE me some pumpkin pie! I think that is my favorite of the dinner. But, I can't forget the turkey. ;)

I'm also looking forward to all the shows that I watch come back! Chicago Fire with all those hot firemen, and then Chicago PD with all those hot detectives..that's it. Mom, Dad, I'm moving to Chicago!

What tv shows are you guys looking forward to watching again?







Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that I am eagerly anticipating.


The first book that I am really anticipating would be..




Title: My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century
Author: Rachel Harris
Genre: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Romance
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Release Date: September 18th, 2014

On the precipice of her sixteenth birthday, the last thing lone wolf Cat Crawford wants is an extravagant gala thrown by her bubbly stepmother and well-meaning father. So even though Cat knows the family’s trip to Florence, Italy, is a peace offering, she embraces the magical city and all it offers. But when her curiosity leads her to an unusual gypsy tent, she exits . . . right into Renaissance Firenze.

Thrust into the sixteenth century armed with only a backpack full of contraband future items, Cat joins up with her ancestors, the sweet Alessandra and protective Cipriano, and soon falls for the gorgeous aspiring artist Lorenzo. But when the much-older Niccolo starts sniffing around, Cat realizes that an unwanted birthday party is nothing compared to an unwanted suitor full of creeptastic amore. Can she find her way back to modern times before her Italian adventure turns into an Italian forever?

The cover just captivated me! I knew the moment I saw it that this was going to be a good one..I hope!








The second book is actually written by the same author as above..



Title: The Fine Art of Pretending
Author: Rachel Harris
Genre: Contemporary, Young Adult, Romance
Publisher: Spencer Hill Contemporary
Release Date: September 30th, 2014



According to the guys at Fairfield Academy, there are two types of girls: the kind you hook up with, and the kind you're friends with. Seventeen-year-old Alyssa Reed is the second type. And she hates it. With just one year left to change her rank, she devises a plan to become the first type by homecoming, and she sets her sights on the perfect date—Justin Carter, Fairfield Academy’s biggest hottie and most notorious player.

With 57 days until the dance, Aly launches Operation Sex Appeal and sheds her tomboy image. The only thing left is for Justin actually to notice her. Enter best friend Brandon Taylor, the school’s second biggest hottie, and now Aly’s pretend boyfriend. With his help, elevating from “funny friend” to “tempting vixen” is only a matter of time.

But when everything goes according to plan, the inevitable “break up” leaves their friendship in shambles, and Aly and Brandon with feelings they can’t explain. And the fake couple discovers pretending can sometimes cost you the one thing you never expected to want.

I found the cover very cute, something a YA contemporary would have. I'm really looking forward to this one. I haven't read a contemporary romance in awhile and this one seems like a good one. 





What books are you eagerly anticipating? Let me know in the comments below! :)


Happy reading!






2 comments :

  1. Wow, I hadn't put together that Rachel Harris wrote both books, though Super Sweet Sixteenth Century has been on my radar for a while! Are you a member of Netgalley? They have it there, so you could request to read it early. If you blog, it's a great place to get books and advertise your site.

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday, if you're curious: http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com/2014/09/waiting-on-wednesday-talon-by-julie.html

    And I've followed, too! I'd love a follow or comment back, as I love talking books with fellow bloggers. :)

    Brittany @ http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Brittany! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm actually not a member of Netgalley. I've been thinking about joining for awhile though. I'll look into it more later. :)

      Delete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!