Sep 15, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Happy Monday!

Okay, we all are thinking it. Why the fudge isn't there a day between Saturday and Sunday? Whoever planned out the week, really needs a good smack to the head.

Everyone hates Monday. It's the time of the week where you have to crawl of of bed and change your out of your Pokemon pajama's, and head to school or work. Maybe even both.

But you know what brightens my Monday? Being able to sit down after school and my martial arts classes, and read a great book. Nothing better than to be thrown into a world of zombies, vampires, and ass kicking heroine's! I know all you book/bloggers and book lovers are feeling the same way!




It's Monday! What Are You Reading is hosted by Book Journey.


I am currently reading three books. I know, yikes! One is for school as a book report, and the other two are just for me. 

The first one that I am reading for myself is..




Eclispe by Stephanie Meyer (Twilight Book 3)

As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob - knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?



I just finished reviewing the first book and you can read that here! I'm almost through with it and I'll be posting a review on it shortly. So stay tuned. ;)


The second book is..




I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter

Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girls school-that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses but it's really a school for spies.

Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways, she has no idea what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, or track him through town with the skill of a real "pavement artist"-but can she maneuver a relationship with someone who can never know the truth about her?


I was so happy that I found this in the book store. Living in Mexico, it really is hard to find some good books that aren't overpriced and that are in English. I swear to god, if my dad left me in a bookstore, he'd cry once he found out how much books I bought. I'll also be reviewing this book soon and I'm really excited for it.


The third book which is for my book report is..



Iced Chiffon (Consignment Shop Mystery #1) by Duffy Brown

There's always something to gossip about in Savannah, Georgia, and Reagan Summerside always seems to be in the middle of it.

She's busy enough running her consignment shop, the Prissy Fox, with her vivacious auntie, KiKi, but now the gossip--and the sales--are about to pick up, after a gruesome discovery...

Reagan's messy divorce has left her with nothing but a run-down Victorian and a bunch of designer clothes. Strapped for cash, Reagan makes use of the two things she has left, turning the first floor of her home into a consignment shop and filling it with the remnants of her rich-wife wardrobe.

Thans to his cunning lawyer, Walker Boone, her ex got everything else, including the Lexus--not to mention a young blonde cupcake. When Reagan finds the blonde dead in the Lexus, she's determined to beat Boone to finding the murderer. As it turns out, the gossip fiends flooding Reagan's shop can give her a lot more than just their unwanted clothes--they have information more precious than a vintage Louis Vuitton...



My mom received this for an ARC awhile back, but she gave it to me not too long ago. I'm also really excited to read this one because I love a good cozy mystery. Also, how cute is that cover?


So, what are you reading? Let me know in the comments below! :)



Happy reading!








2 comments :

  1. Hi! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Here's my post: http://blueeyebooks.blogspot.com/2014/09/liebster-awards-2-and-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow. Thank you so much Laura! I'll get to answering your questions soon! :)

      Delete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!