Sep 23, 2014

Firefighters + Thick and Chewy M&M Bars Recipe!

Happy Tuesday!


I recently stated in my Inspirational Tuesday post that I would be posting non book related topics every Tuesday. So on Tuesday's, I will be posting about tv shows, movies, recipes, and other things that might interest me.

I feel like today is going to be a great day.Why, you might ask? Well, because Chicago Fire is out tonight! And if you don't already know what it is or what it's about, it is a tv show about firefighters. Here's a little synopsis..


For the firefighters, rescue squad and paramedics of Chicago Firehouse 51, no occupation is more stressful or dangerous, yet so rewarding and exhilarating. These courageous men and women are among the elite who forge headfirst into danger when everyone else is running the other way and whose actions make the difference between life and death.

If that doesn't convince then you then I KNOW this will.


Can I get an amen? ;) I am going to finish school, get through my entire workout without stopping, and then straight after dinner, sit my tush down with my bowl of popcorn and watch the newest episode! 



Or better yet, I might even make myself a batch of these delicious, chewy M&M bars and maybe you should too!







Yield: 1 9x13 pan Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 30 mins Total time: 45 mins


Ingredients: 

2/18 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 Tbsp butter (or, 1 1/2 sticks), melted and cooled slightly
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 tsps vanilla extract
1 12oz bag M6M's, divivded

Directions:

1. First, preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Adjust the over rack to where it is in the middle position. Do not forget to grease your pan with Pam, or take a napkin and spread a small amount of butter in the middle and sides.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salk, and the baking soda and set that aside.

3. In a large bowl, stir the melted butter and sugars until it is well combined.Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well. 

4. Using a spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture until it is combined well. Do NOT overmix. 

5. Fold in 1 cup of M&M's and turn the batter into the pepared pan, smoothing the top with the spatula. Sprinkled the remaining M&M's on top and press in gently.

6. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the top of the bars is light golden brown, slightly firm to touch, and edges start pulling away from the sides of the pan. Cool completely before cutting.



Comment below if you have any questions or just want to tell me if you've made them and how much you liked them or disliked them!














No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!