Aug 27, 2014

Liebster Awards and Nominations!

Happy Monday! 

I just found out that I got nominated for a Liebster Award! 



I've never heard of a Liebster Award until a few days ago, when I saw other book bloggers posting about it. It's basically given to new bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The award is to help build up your blog's views and followers. I've been blogging for only two months now, so I was basically dancing like that when I found out that I was nominated! 

I received my nomination from the lovely Blessie so a huge shout out to her! Thank you so much! Go and check out her blog here






The rules are:

1. Thank the blogger who nominates you.
2. Answer the 11 questions she/he asks of you.
3. List 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
5. Ask these 11 bloggers 11 questions of your own.
6. Let them know you have mentioned them.

So let's get started, shall we? 

1. First book you've ever read of your favorite genre.

Hmmm..the first book...I think it was Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach. My favorite genre would be Paranormal so I was pretty excited to read this one. It is about a girl, Caitlyn, who earns a scholarship to a French boarding school. But she doesn't know the secrets behind it, and how it's haunted by a handsome young man that has been dead for over four hundred years. I've read this book about four times and I've absolutely loved it every single time!   

2. What are you currently reading?

I am currently reading Darker Days by Jus Accardo. Who doesn't love reading about a girl that can kick a zombie's ass? ;)

3. If you were given the chance meet any character from a fictional book of your own choice, who and why?

I would want to meet Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series. I've always loved her in the books and movies. Plus, how cool would it be to be friends with a girl wizard? 

4. Most anticipated book of 2015.

I am really looking forward to reading The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black! I was jumping around like a mad woman when I read the description of the book. My hopes are high for this one and I hope I won't be disappointed.

5. If you were to stay in a place for a year and can only bring five books to read, which would you bring?

Ah, man. If I could, I would bring my whole freaking bookshelf. I would bring the trilogy Across the Universe by Beth Revis. The other two would be Oh. My. Gods. and Goddess Boot Camp by Tera Lynn Childs.

6. How many books do you personally own?

I own 24 books physically, and over 200 e-books. If I lived in the states, I would probably have more paperbacks and hardcovers, which my dad would kill me for because he would then have to make me a bookshelf. Mexico has only one good book store that I go to, and of course, the library has some good books as well.

7. If you could live in a fictional world, which would you choose and why?

I would so live in the Gallagher Girls world by Ally Carter! I would love being a spy that can travel the world and kick some ass!

8. If you could have any supernatural ability to use forever, which and why?

Ah man. So many to choose from..I think I would have to either go with teleportation or being immortal. I'm sorry, but I can't choose one! I would want to choose teleportation because I could teleport anywhere and not have to pay! And being immortal, well, who doesn't want to live forever?  ;)

9. What's your take on books turned into movies? Like or dislike?

I like watching movies that were first books. I love getting to see another persons idea on what they think the characters look like, and I love to see if they put the same image I had in my head on screen.

10. Five facts about yourself. 

1. I love to write. Writing has been a very big part of me ever since second grade.
2. I am an aspiring chef/baker. Get ready to see my very own cooking website in just a few weeks! ;)
3. My favorite movie of all time would be Pompeii and my favorite tv show (s) would be Chicago Fire and Chicago P.D. Can I get an A-FREAKING-MEN GIRLS?!
4.I love history. It's my favorite subject in school. :)
5. One time when I was little, I lost my two front teeth in a game of hide-and-seek..

11. What's up next on your TBR shelf?

I have over 355 books on my TBR shelf. A little out of control if you couldn't already tell, haha! But the ones I really want to read would be, Tortured Souls by Kimber Leigh Wheaton, Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell and Blonde Ops by Charlotte Bennardo.


Thank you for the wonderful questions Blessie! :)

Here are my 11 questions for the people I'm going to nominate!

1. What do you like most about blogging?
2. Where is your favorite place to read?
3. What is your favorite book/series?
4. Do you have any books that you disliked or hated?
5. What is your favorite tv show/movie?
6. How many books do you own in physically and in e-book?
7. What is/was your favorite subject in school?
8. Who is your favorite author?
9.  If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you bring with you?
10. Who is your favorite actor/actress?
11. If you could date any fictional character in any book, who would it be?



                                                     People I Nominated! 



                                          1. Emily at Follow The Yellow Book Road
                                          2. Kimberly at Kimberly and Company       
                                          3. Erin at The Hardcover Lover
                                          4. Naban at The Literary Oracle
                                          5. Connie at The YA Book Thief
                                          6. Martika at Fangirl Confessions 
                                          7. Blessie at Mischievous Reads
                                          8. Morrighan Rose at Elysian Fields Book Reviews 
                                          9. Clarissa at Books Equal Awesomeness
                                          10. Sheridan at I Turn the Pages
                                          11. Belle at at Fangirling Misses




Happy reading!






16 comments :

  1. Woot! Thank you, thank you! You're awesome girl (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Haha, why thank you! Love your blog by the way. :) Can't wait to read your answers!

      Delete
  2. You're welcome and thank you for the nomination too! Ohdear, speaking about losing teeth, I lost a tooth once when eating sugar cane. Apparently, my tooth stuck on it and I only realized when I saw blood. LOL. Disgusting, I know. Haha

    And my TBR list is like 600+, I don't even know how it got that long.

    I'll add up my answers to your questions to my previous post soon! Thank you again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! Ah man, that sucks! Did it not hurt before you realized it? Wow, 600? We really do love books, huh? And I can't wait to read them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Talina! I'm answering the questions as we speak! I will also be adding you to my nominee list, so head on over and answer that questionnaire girl! (When you get the chance of course.) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Tikaa! I can't wait to read your answers! Oh, that's awesome, thank you! :) I'll answer all your questions tomorrow! :)

      Delete
    2. Just finished answering your questionnaire, hope you enjoy!

      Delete
    3. Answered your questions! Thanks for the nomination! :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't forgotten about answering the questions. If I don't go away this weekend, I'll do it then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take all the time you need! :) Can't wait to read them!

      Delete
  6. Hey Talina! I just finished answering your questions and added them to my Liebster Award post. Thanks again for the nomination! Here's the link to the post.

    http://mischievousreads.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Blessie! Thank you so much for answering my questions! :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Talina! Thanks for the nomination! :D Are you sure about immortality, because all the immortal beings I've met so far seem very bored of life :o JK! But then, teleport would be extremely convenient. xD

    Oo, a chef slash baker = infinite cake! (Sorry, but that's how my brain works). Sounds amazing! ;D

    - Naban @ The Literary Oracle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Naban, you're welcome! I would love to be immortal! Get to see how the world changes in the next 100 years. Hahah, that would be a disaster! :) Can't wait to read your answers!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the nomination! Here is my post http://followtheyellowbookrd.blogspot.com/2014/08/liebster-award-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to answer them! :)

      Delete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I always love reading your opinions so don't be shy! Stay Stylish & Bookish!